We will be trying this blog space to see if it will help us keep in communication with one another between meetings. So many things are happening that this may be the best way to share with one another at least until after summer is over.
This is what I know:
- Lupina and Abel and their family are in San Antonio, settling in. Already they are missed, but we know that they are praying with and for us. We wish them abundant blessings in this new phase of their journey.
- Katie Wineland is our summer intern and has had a busy few weeks with Lupina and since she has been gone. Katie will be visiting and working with many of our programs this summer and will also be doing some mediation with the Mennonites, School of Christian Mission at Ada, Ohio, and doing a seminary tour of seven seminaries to begin thinking about where she wants to attend.
- Karen Brantley is moving in to fill Lupina's shoes for us and needs to be kept well informed of what's happening. Please copy anything to me to her.
- That All Might Know will be starting the week of July 9 in the migrant camps. We will need to have an update from Chuck about what's happening there.
- Puente de Esperanza had VBS last week and had over 100 children from the Gibsonburg community including some hispanic families from the town.
- All of us are invited to Torre Fuerte for their prayer for ministry on Thursday evenings at 7 and for service on Sunday at 2. Both take place at Unity Church in Northwood.
- Karen and Sam were here this past week and weekend talking about work with Camp Sierra Linda to youth at Lakeside and to Sylvania UMC on Sunday. They'll be back with us in August. If you would like to meet them they will be at the Maumee UMC. Details will follow.
This is what I know. What do you have to add? Please email me any news and info, questions or concerns so I can get it posted.
Thanks to all of you for all that you are doing. Let's covenant to pray for each other constantly.